Wednesday, February 19, 2014

 thursday bluez

Today I'm in a super good funky mood you know why? because tomorrow is furahiday. anybody feeling me? and furthermore i had my breakfast at feyamont the No-fork,(yes i was at the No-fork. kwani nini? i was invited by a  friend). and you know you are in a nice place when there are chandeliers everywhere and jazz music playing in the background and the watchmen are in tuxedos unlike the njugunas where a guy in blue overalls coerces you to get in because "reo kuna ire specio customer,igia ujionee na ujiojee".anyway, when i got in, everyone be looking at me like " you a thug?" and kwanza at the door, even the guy with an Abraham Lincoln kofia welcoming wazungus  gave me the 'are you lost' look. when i was walking in town with my pencil skirt and heels i wish i hadn't worn, i was really feeling good because i knew i was looking amazing. wait till i looked around at the junguz in the place, everyone was dresses in shorts, t-shirts and sandals. have you ever felt out of place. But a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do; straighten my shoulders, hold my head high, flip my hair and briskly walk to my table. 
Just when i was having an awesome time, a jungu who appears to have swallowed an inflated balloon walks to us and says to me, " are you in the business? because i pay very well" my date almost chokes on his coffee and honestly I'm in shock, a state of trance actually. I had had enough. Enough of this white men and enough of these black men and women pretending to be white. I was outta there.

No comments:

Post a Comment