Friday, March 7, 2014

  IT'S A LITTLE BIT TOO LATE TO PLAY MOMMY AND DADDY.


Anna is pissed, she is raging mad!!  To say the least she is furious and the hot steam coming out of her nostrils confirms this. Okay, well, I might have exaggerated for there wasn't any steam but, I can assure you a bull from Dallas would have cowered at her wrath.

" Morning Anna how a-....."
" I can't believe this" she cuts me off.
"....-re you" I dryly finish my salutations which apparently were falling on deaf ears (pun intended).
"somehow, people forgot to mind their own business" she continues. " Apparently my dress seems to be mystically opening and closing the supposedly eating apparatus on their faces causing irrelevant words to pop words out!!"
"And what has your dress got to do with that?" i ask already tired of the conversation.

Normally, it never bothers me if her skirts/dresses are as short as a campus relationship but hey, a lady gotta be concerned when all the jamaaz at the office forget their well cut suits and start huffing, puffing and panting like hyenas salivating at fresh meat at the sight of Anna. Not that i care or anything, I mean, those guys are good for nothing anyway. Free advice: she should try maxi skirts and dresses like me.

Seriously though, we're still in Africa so the aspect of communal parenting is still there. Fold the fish while it is still raw; okay, that translation was horrible allow me try again if you please..'Samaki mkunje angali mbichi'. (there, clap for me please!) What i'm trying to say is, it's a little bit too late to play mommy and daddy of the year 25 years later after habits have already been formed and are solid.

Telling Anna to change her dress-code will be as easy as playing a guitar to a goat.I assure you they'll hum along and nod at your every tune!!

No comments:

Post a Comment