Thursday, January 9, 2014


It takes courage

Bad things happen, “so what?” the cynical you ask. Do you suggest that I deal with it and move on or ‘build a bridge and walk over it!” well, neither am I Hercules and therefore can’t crush the 7 foot gym attending burglar who broke into my house with one fist nor am I Albert Einstein to scientifically calculate my way out of a problem I am sinking in by the second.

But tell you what, I am me. Simple as it is, I’m just me. I get disappointed when I get to the other side of the rainbow and discover there is no glorious treasure, or when I frantically dig at a spot marked X, because of a promise of discovering hidden treasures comprising of ancient magenta crystals and priceless twinkling diamonds; only to find an old empty rugged trunk.

Truth is I get hurt, frustrated and annoyed….. But I move on. I move on because I always get something better on the way. I get an opportunity.

An opportunity to experience a whole new world that money couldn’t even buy. I was my own teacher and my own supervisor. I struggled, strained, damn I even panicked; but most important of all I learned. I learned to live, I may not have got what I wanted but I acquired what I needed. Nevertheless, it wasn’t easy; it took courage.

So, should I still ‘build a bridge and get over it’ as you earlier suggested?

I have a question for you though:  what is easier? Building a bridge over a 50 feet mountain of problems or calmly figuring your way around and walk past it? You be the judge

PS: if a burglar breaks into your house, don’t reason with him! CALL 911 and run the hell out of there!

 

                                                                                                                        Peninah bahati

No comments:

Post a Comment